So here we go...my individual response to each part of each question.......Buckle up! so you may follow he took excerpts form this linked post... (man why m I even doing this)
Quote from blog... "Unable to agree to disagree?"
Burpen Response..."Does "Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists" sound familiar to you? Callous polarization as a political tool is not a new idea, and certainly not new here. Difference is it's not coming from the president's mouth anymore, which I think is a positive change.
Afib Rebuttal..."I think you are a little off base here. He is an O'bama appointee which makes him an extension or at the very least is perceived to be speaking to what are the beliefs of the presidient and that is why I feel it was a mistake for him to bring it up."
Quote From Blog..."It has even gone so far as to eliminate the teaching of such things in some of our school systems."
Burpen..."What has gone so far? And how exactly does this sentence have anything to do with the topic at hand? I think you kinda lost me there."
Afib Rebuttle..."Touche....ADD dude...Not a college writing course."
Burpen..."As for learning "form our mistakes" [sic], I heartily agree. But as a devout Christian, I was shocked at your suggestion (through the image linked by the word "past") that we might kill Jesus Christ a second time! Certainly the world has wised up to the idea that the first crucifixion was a grave error (no pun intended). And even the non-believers are now all well aware, 2000 years later, of the fact that He can't be permanently killed, so what would be the point?
Afib Rebuttal..."Man so much to cover here but i will try...without getting off track. First of all I am a Christian as well but I am not naive to the current views and attitudes towards Christianity, Christians or our views and beliefs.
- According to some poles there is a current shift away from Christianity.I as well am close to finishing a book by Lee Strobel."The Case For The Real Jesus" I highly recommend this one for anybody...both Christian and Non Christian to read. It talks to the point of how people...even those that you might say are theologians are losing their faith and turning from Christianity.
- So you are wrong in your belief that all people agree that Jesus did die on the cross and was resurrected to sit at the Right hand of god the father.
- Many people that claim to be Christians have established their own belief systems incorporating things they like from Christianity and combining them with other religions or current world views suit their own needs.
- The previous has also lead to a shift in what is currently viewed as the new favorite bible verse Mathew 7:1-5 "1Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."mostly focusing on the first 2 verses. Replacing John 3:16 16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,a]">[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.as the top favorite
- I have also noticed a real shift toward strict theology among many Christians I encounter from real bread and butter Christianity these days as well. This can be a good thing but I think that it makes it hard to be fishers of men if the fish cant figure out what the bait your using is.
Are you still with me Burpen??????
Burpen..."Interesting new version, but you still haven't logically connected racism to revisionism."
Afib Rebuttal..." Do you really care that much? Do I not make the point that our youth...mostly in college are indoctrinated not taught...Maybe not but the is what i meant"
Burpen...It's kind of telling that you chose to both disapprove my earlier comment and surreptitiously edit your post. Revisionism indeed; you're a coward and a hypocrite.
Afib Rebuttal...." Do I really need to say anything here? I think it is obvious here thatI had a plan for your comments. Not an of the cuff rant Plus I'm no coward.....
But I might say you are a hypocrite. Lets face it if you wee so shocked by my statement and link why then did you come back" god bless you and yours.... :>)