Wednesday, June 25, 2008

June 25th Ride Report

Had another good ride today. Matt, Zewack and myself did the 3 man loop. It seem appropriate since there were only 3 of us this evening. The funny thing about this loop is that no mater how many start there is always a group of 3 that ends it together. It can be a challenging loop with several climbs and lots of places to really put the hammer down.

I felt really good again today and had no heart problems either. Did a couple sprints and was able to maintain a good rhythm on the climbs, didn't attack them just steady.Looking foreword to the next couple of days, I have several big rides planned.

On a side not on the approach to the climb on Fulton Run (between 2 and 3 miles out) ,I heard Matt exclaim, grill up. I had already had food on my mind and pictured somebody standing by the road handing out hamburgers. Unfortunately he only meant that the grate from somebodies grill had fallen off and was laying beside the road. Now I have a good friend, we call him the beachcomber, that frequently gathers things he finds while riding. However this grate did not meet his criteria for picking things up, it definitely would not fit into my jersey pocket. I thought though that it would be funny and maybe set the bar a little higher.......



1 comment:

Henry Dimmick said...

A cruel and unusual punishment... to tease a bonking rider with a false warning of pending food by yelling "Grill-Up" ...!!!