- Lack of sleep
- Hard efforts followed by periods of reduced effort (i.e.- after a climb on the descent or flat , bridging a gap in a race)
- Thinking or worrying about it (the mind is a powerful thing)
So you can probably see where this is going....
Mike Maher, Henry Dimick, Mark Millican, and myself did the Seven Springs Subaru 24 Hour Challenge this past weekend.
- Sleep deprivation
- No matter how hard you try, staying hydrated is a hard thing to do, its not like you race your bike once and your done......you have to race it several times in our case Mike, Henry and myself raced 4 times and Mark 5
- Mountain biking is combination of hard efforts followed by periods of reduced efforts
- Worried constantly that I would have an attack during one of my laps thus letting the team down
Race report highlites......
3 Different Podiums for AG3R/indiana Cyclng........ and other anecdotal stories from the race venue
Seven Springs 24 Hour Challenge.....
- Mike, Henry, Mark and Rich take 3rd int the Sport Vet/Master division
- Sam Morrison finished 3rd in ths Solo division (1 guy..... 24 hours)