Monday, August 4, 2008

A Day at Yellow Creek

Another beautiful day in Indiana PA today. The weather was perfect and I have Mondays off so what to do. My son proclaimed it to be pajama day, so he and I just slothed around until my wife came home from work. So after a quick lunch and clothing change we headed to Yellow Creek State Park Swimming Beach for the rest of the afternoon.

I often times forget how blessed we are here in Indiana County and what it has to offer those who enjoy the great outdoors. Biking, both road and mountain, hiking, fishing, boating swimming and so much more. So needless to say the beach at Yellow Creek did not disappoint. The water temperature must have been around 76 Deg. and after a little splashing around with my son he made a couple of friends and I headed for the blanket to let them play.

The short list of parks within 15 minutes of Indiana are....Yellow Creek State Park (Mountain Biking, hiking, Fishing, Boating and Boat rentals, Swimming and cabin rentals, there are also 2 camping areas near by) Whites Woods & IUP's College Lodge activities area. These two parks are smack up against each other with connecting trails . Hiking, Mountain Biking and Disc Golf are all activities that can be enjoyed by combining these two parks. Blue Spruce Park (hiking, fishing and picnic areas). And if you want to travel a little further the Roaring Run Watershed Association has some phenomenal single track as well as a rails to trails for family fun. Dogs are also permitted at most of these facilities so long as they are on a leash.

There needs to be some sort of litmus test........

So there we are at the beach, and I will be the first to admit the the perfect body is something that I don't have, as most people out there but when purchasing a bathing suit it should cover a certain percentage of the body. Now I know some of you guys out there would scream foul but how often do you really see something worth looking at? And for the ladies.This is usually what you get.....Sorry all PG rated photos on line are too disturbing to show or link......but i think we all know what I am talking about. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing overweight people , just wishing that all would dress appropriately.

No comments: